Sunday, December 14, 2008

This week has been another fruitful week, both in NP & SP ministry.

During service, NP brought a visitor named 'Lisa' who was a backslider. She is also a fresh NP year 1 student. During alter call, she has decided to cross the line of faith once again. Remember we only start off with only 6 NP students in this pioneering team, now we are around 9 in just one month. God job, NP! God sees our patience, faith & desire.. Let's break 15 this x'mas for Christ!!

SP agape event was a success too, seeing 16 high & medium responsive visitors joining us. One SP bro, Ryan brought 9 friends to join us for this event, all the visitors who came enjoyed themselves greatly & able to blend well with our community. Nevertheless, SP managed to bring 2 visitors for service too. Thanks Jolene for organising this wonderful event. 2 thumbs up, SP! Let's break 40 this x'mas for Christ!!

Yesterday morning when I woke up, I received a few missed calls, it was from one of the CL in my previous sub-district. I've visited his dad in hospital a few times earlier in the week. I sensed something must have happened to his dad & I immediately called back, but couldn't get to him. So I called up another bro to find out what happened. He told me that my ex-CL's dad passed away early in the morning. I was quite shock & sad to hear the news.

After settling my quiet time & some work stuff in the morning, I went to attend the funeral to visit him. His family were emotional over the loss of their beloved one. In the midst of shock & sadness, I thank God for 2 things. 1st, I thanks God that his dad received Christ 2 weeks ago & now he is with God for eternity. 2nd, I thanks God for this bro who shown great maturity at a young age when facing tough & difficult situation like this.

Most importantly, I want to give thanks to God for all happenings this week. God has proved Himself awesome & almighty in the midst of our tough times. Though I made many mistakes, but God never fails me, instead continuously renew, empower & bless me.

Lord, I don't deserve your grace, but your grace is always sufficient for me. I'll learn & grow from my mistakes. I'll rely on You. Thank You!! :-)

No comments: